The first time I went to France was in September and every year since, when I turn the page on my calendar, I immediately think of Paris.
Blue skies. Large clouds. Just cool enough to wear a sweater. Brown leather bags. Scarves. Croissants. The metro. An afternoon baguette. Le vin, bien sur!
I’m slowly coming back from an August hiatus (so very French, non?), making my way through the laundry pile and figuring out what I want to feed myself this month.
Cinnamon sugar sounds like a good place to start. As do meatballs. (Not necessarily together.)
I spent yesterday washing windows, hanging heavier curtains, switching out the duvet and pondering my fall wardrobe. I may have watched the movie Amelie more than once. (Oh to be able to wear red lipstick and not have it morph onto my teeth and face!)
This month’s plans are ambitious.
1. It’s time to budget. Srsly. I have come off the rails like, whoa. Look for a new feature “Srsly Save OMG” It needs to happen so fast I don’t even have time for vowels … or complete words.
2. I think I’m dating? Or putting off dating maybe? A certain guy wants to go out aaaand I’m not 100% sure and romantic comedies have TAUGHT ME NOTHING ABOUT HOW TO DEAL.
3. I really want some cute white coffee mugs with saucers. And getting the Sunday New York Times seems like an appropriate thing to go with my new cute white coffee mugs and saucers.
4. This then means I need to overhaul a little bistro table that is in my garage so I have a place to sit with my cute white coffee mugs, saucers and New York Times.
5. Aaaaaand I kind of want to switch out the kitchen curtains from yellow and white to orange and white. And what’s that problem with budgeting again?
6. Three Words: Fall. Capsule. Wardrobe. Oh it’s gonna happen.
7. And those meatballs aren’t going to cook themselves now, are they?
Let’s do this September!